All posts tagged: Cashmerette Patterns

Cashmerette Harrison Shirt

In March I had the honor of attending a weekend long shirt making class at the Cashmerette headquarters! Jenny is offering her first (of I hope many) online class for the Harrison shirt pattern and Dawn and I were her willing test subjects. Interested in the class? Find it here! The shirt had not been released at the time of the class, but it had been tested. Jenny noticed a few changes she needed to make in the instructions while she was instructing us that were made before the final pattern was printed so you are in for a real treat of a pattern! I’ve seen shirt patterns with princess seams before and I’ve seen big 4 shirt patterns come in cup sizes, but I’ve never seen both together. These two combined in the Harrison shirt make for the most perfect fit. This is not to say I haven’t made changes, but right out of the envelope this is a great pattern! The pattern is intended to be long sleeves with a a tower placket. The …

Gingham Upton Dress

Another huge congrats to Jenny on the launch of her Upton dress pattern! I tested this pattern for her back in January and love my finished dress. When she mailed me the finalized pattern I decided to make a second version mainly because I love the first one, but also to compare the tester version to the final. I used the scoop neck version this time and the straps are perfect as is. I made the same seam allowance adjustment that I had made to the tester version and I couldn’t fit my arms in! Enter my trusty seam ripper and a 1/2 inch seam allowance and all was well with the world again. I could actually stand to lower the arm hole a little bit so I made that adjustment to the pattern pieces for next time. In this picture you can see the fabric slightly wrinkling at the arm pit area. Not a huge deal and not a very ladylike pose! I bought this fabric in February to make into an Upton, but waited …

The Cashmerette Upton Dress

I was so very excited when Jenny asked if I wanted to test her newest pattern, the Upton dress! The pattern is available today so I’m excited to share my first version with you. Yes, I said first version, there’s another almost ready to share! I was smart and used a voile that costs me $3.98 per yard to make the lining and that acted as my muslin. However, I didn’t finish my muslin/lining until 4 days before my feedback was due. In theory this shouldn’t be a problem, but I hadn’t cut out my Cotton + Steel rayon yet and turns out, wait for it… I didn’t have enough. I had purchased 2 meters from MissMatatabi in November and I had enough for all but one piece. I should mention that the pattern calls for 3 7/8 yards of 45 inch wide fabric for the view I made so this was all my error. So I ordered another yard, paid extra for rush shipping and it was delayed by Storm Jonas back in January. With my feedback …

Black and White and Red all over Appleton Dress

Happy New Year! I’m starting the new year by showing you my Christmas dress and my new hair cut. My hair hasn’t been this short since I was about 9 and I’m loving it! I have super thick hair so I was worried it would look bushy too short, but luckily it doesn’t look bushy and I’m very pleased! In other news, I really have a thing for crosshatch lately. I’ve used it to back both of my quilts and when I was deciding which fabric to choose when I won the Cashmerette Appleton Dress contest, it was a no brainer to choose the black and white crosshatch rayon jersey from Emma One Sock. It is unfortunately now sold out, but I’ve ordered from Linda twice and both fabrics are equally as fabulous so look around and see if she has anything else that catches your eye! I made two changes from my first Appleton dress. I went up to the E/F cup size and the chest coverage is so much better. I also added …