I was so very excited when Jenny asked if I wanted to test her newest pattern, the Upton dress! The pattern is available today so I’m excited to share my first version with you. Yes, I said first version, there’s another almost ready to share! I was smart and used a voile that costs me $3.98 per yard to make the lining and that acted as my muslin. However, I didn’t finish my muslin/lining until 4 days before my feedback was due. In theory this shouldn’t be a problem, but I hadn’t cut out my Cotton + Steel rayon yet and turns out, wait for it… I didn’t have enough. I had purchased 2 meters from MissMatatabi in November and I had enough for all but one piece. I should mention that the pattern calls for 3 7/8 yards of 45 inch wide fabric for the view I made so this was all my error. So I ordered another yard, paid extra for rush shipping and it was delayed by Storm Jonas back in January. With my feedback …
Why don’t we get the nasty bit about this dress out of the way first thing.
Craftsy, Cotton + Steel and a sale equals one happy Carolanne!
When I saw this Cotton and Steel fabric my first thought was of Merida from Disney’s Brave so I knew I wanted to turn it into a dress that I could call my Brave dress. I don’t care how old I get, Disney movies will never loose their luster to me and now I have my god daughter to watch them with so I don’t accept anyone who passes judgement on my love of the animated princess.